A logger, the Minos SVP was specifically designed for vertical profiles from small launches or boats. ½ the size of a SV Plus v2, the instrument is much easier to handle in small spaces. The instrument also has an an LED light which provides a visual status indicator to the end-user.
Like all AML sound velocimeters, the Minos SVP directly measures the time-of-flight of an acoustic ping. Time-of-flight measurement technology is between 5 and 10x more accurate than traditional CTD based sound velocity equations such as Chen & Millero or Del Grosso. The Minos SVP also has 25 Hz sampling, guaranteeing high resolution data.
Ideal for Sound Velocity Profiles by Hand or Small Winch Minos SVP conductivity / sound velocity / pressure / temperature.
• Sound Velocity: Time-of-Flight, +/-0.05 m/s accuracy
• Pressure: Temperature Compensated Strain Gauge, +/-0.05%FS accuracy
• Small Size: half the size of the SV Plus v2
• Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery pack provides approximately 30 hours of continuous sampling
• Designed for Profiling: with integrated shackle point and stainless steel protective sensor cage
• LED light indicates ready, logging, and low battery
• High speed sampling: user configurable, up to 25Hz